THE BEST BRAAI BURGER RECIPE EVER!
This delicious recipe features juicy homemade patties and a super tangy braai sauce to go with it. We can’t think ion anything better !
- 1kg lean ground beef
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 4 hamburger buns
- lettuce leaves
- 2 tbsp butter, for the buns
- 4 american cheese slices, or shredded cheese
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise, optional
Homemade braai sauce
- 1 cup tamato sauce
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp prepared mustard
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup onion, chopped into ½-inch squares
- chili powder, to taste
- Combine ground beef, salt, pepper, granulated garlic, and onion powder in a mixing bowl. Mix until combined.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal parts. Form each into a patty, making sure that the patty is bigger than the hamburger bun.
- Place the formed patties on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Chill for 20 minutes before grilling.
- Meanwhile, in a shallow saute pan, heat up the butter. Add the onions and saute until slightly brown, about 2 minutes.
- Add the ketchup, vinegar, mustard, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and chili powder. Simmer on low heat for about 5 minutes or until it thickens and comes together.
- Cook the burgers for 4 to 5 minutes each side
- Butter the buns. Toast them on the grill for 1 minute or until golden brown.
- Assemble the burger in this order: bottom bun, lettuce leaves, burger patty, cheese, barbecue sauce, mayonnaise, and top bun.
- Keep the burger in place by inserting a cocktail pick in the middle. Serve and enjoy!