This savoury-sweet salmon is quick and easy to make but fancy enough to impress your guests. The melody of flavours combined with beautiful texture of the salmon makes this dish one to remember !
- 1/3 c. honey
- 1/4 c. low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 6-oz. salmon fillets, patted dry with a paper towel
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, sliced into rounds
- Step 1: In a medium bowl, whisk together honey, soy sauce, lemon juice and red pepper flakes.
- Step 2: In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat two tablespoons oil. When oil is hot but not smoking, add salmon skin-side up and season with salt and pepper. Cook salmon until deeply golden, about 6 minutes, then flip over and add remaining tablespoon of oil.
- Step 3: Add garlic to the skillet and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add the honey mixture and sliced lemons and cook until sauce is reduced by about 1/3. Baste salmon with the sauce.
- Step 4: Garnish with sliced lemon and serve